2017 Operator School
12-week Operator School and 2- week Refresher Training
The Indiana Section of the American Water Works Association, in cooperation with the Drinking Water Branch of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management, is offering a water treatment and distribution operator training course this fall. This 12-week Operator School is an excellent way for water professionals to expand their water distribution and water treatment knowledge, and for operators to prepare for IDEM’s water works operator certification exams. The 2-week Refresher Training provides 12 hours of instruction for those who have attended Operator School in the past, but wish to refresh their knowledge prior to taking certification exams, and for licenses operators to obtain drinking water CEUs.
Operator School class locations and dates for 2017 are as follows (note: no classes will be held on Labor Day):
- Evansville: August 8 – October 26; Tues & Thurs, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Ft. Wayne: August 2 – October 25; Mon & Wed, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Noblesville: August 8 – October 26; Tues & Thurs, 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Jeffersonville: August 8 – October 26; Tues & Thurs, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Mishawaka: August 1 – October 19; Tues & Thurs, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Lowell: August 7 – October 30; Mon & Wed, 6 pm to 9 pm
Refresher Courses will be the last 4 classes in each session.
Further information an a registration form can be found in the document below:
To register on-line, please follow the link below:
One AWWA Operator Scholarship
The One AWWA Operator Scholarship will be awarded to one individual in each of the five Indiana Section Districts. The funds will be used to cover the cost of the Operator School class and the cost of the recommended books for each recipient. Below is the link to the application for the 2017 scholarship:
Applications must be received by June 30, 2017.