Please see our Resources tab for webinars and training opportunities from other entities.
- This event has passed.
NEW DATE: June 20th; Board Training for Small Utilities; Santa Claus, Indiana
June 20, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 8:30 pm
June 20, 2017
Indiana Rural Water Association, in conjunction with Indiana Rural Community Assistance Program, will be conducting a Board Training for Small Utilities workshop on June 20, 2017 in Santa Claus, Indiana.
This 6-hour workshop has been approved for 6 general wastewater hours and 6 general water hours from IDEM.
Upon successful completion of this training, attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance and RCAPâ€™s Utility Board Manual.
Information covered will include:
- Â Â Â Board Responsibilities
- Â Â Â Productive Board Meetings
- Â Â Â Public Relations and Customer Service
- Â Â Â Board Policies and Recordkeeping
- Â Â Â Budgets
- Â Â Â Rate Setting
- Â Â Â Asset Management
- Â Â Â Capital Improvements
- Â Â Â Billings and Collection Strategies
- Â Â Â Understanding Your Permit(s)
- Â Â Â Adequate Collection, Treatment, Storage, and Distribution
- Â Â Â Working With Your Operator
- Â Â Â Certified Operator Classifications
- Â Â Â Operatorâ€™s Responsibilities
- Â Â Â New Rules and Regulations
- Â Â Â Utility Safety, Security, and Cooperation