- This event has passed.
USDA/AWWA Workshop for Small Systems
September 25 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join the Indiana Section AWWA and the USDA as we present Optimizing Performance & Accessing Funding to Improve Small Systems on Wednesday, September 25 in West Lafayette, Indiana.
For more than 20 years, AWWA and the Partnership for Safe Water has helped large, medium and small sized utilities learn how to operate efficiently with comprehensive programs developed by utilities, for utilities. At the heart of the Partnership is the self-assessment process. Utilities have effectively used self–assessments to identify needs and performance–limiting factors. These needs are then addressed in the form of an action plan that aids in the continuous improvement effort towards optimized operations. Attend this introductory workshop to learn how operators and administrators can access USDA improvement funds, and how the Partnership helps utilities optimize systems today and into the future.
Topics included in this FREE workshop include:
- Introduction to the Partnership for Small Systems
- USDA Loan Program for Small Communities
- Exercise: How to Complete the “Preliminary Assessment” for Small Systems
- Exercise: Identification of Loan Eligible Projects
- Demonstration and Exercise: How project ideas can be translated into a loan application
- What is next after today’s training?
- Summary and feedback on the training and end of Workshop
- Optional Information Session
Are you a:
- small water system operator (including contract operators)?
- small water system board member?
- municipal official?
- consultant who works with small water systems conducing projects?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you should attend!
To register, complete the below form.
On-line registration has closed. To register, please contact our office at 866.213.2796.