Water Quality Supervisor
You will be responsible for supervision of technical and operational support staff within the Water Production department. Supervision includes coaching and developing staff responsible for chemical inventory management, process control documentation, continuous improvement initiatives, operational database management, non-revenue water accounting and department asset management programs. Ensures team tasks and initiatives are completed timely and on schedule. You will be responsible for leading water quality initiatives across departments (Water Production, Water Distribution, Environmental Stewardship Laboratory Services, CP&E, etc.) to optimize customer water quality experiences. Provides direct technical support to Water Production operation and maintenance activities as assigned. Prepares reports, procedures and plans as necessary to achieve goals. Interfaces with external stakeholders on water quality and technical operations topics.
Citizens Energy Group offers a competitive salary and benefits including:
• Health, Dental & Vision
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
• Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
• Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
• Wellness Program
• Adoption and tuition assistance
• Employee Credit Union
• PTO and Paid Holidays
Salary Minimum: $79,400, Grade 10
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career!
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Supervise technical staff responsible for Production Department process control documentation, treatment process improvements, chemical inventory management, non-revenue water accounting and asset management programs.
- Provide direct technical support to Water Production Operation and Maintenance activities or capital projects to support effective and efficient operations.
- Lead complex improvement initiatives to increase efficiency, improve water quality, and/or minimize risk within Water Operations. Performs studies and evaluations of production processes to increase production efficiency and improve water quality.
- Prepare reports, procedures, and plans as needed to effectively document and communicate the findings of improvement initiatives, asset inspections, or other activities. Present information to stakeholder groups as requested.
- Evaluates customer feedback related to water quality, provides support to customer inquiries, and develops programs to improve customer satisfaction related to water quality.
- Performs other duties and/or activities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the drinking water quality and treatment field with a Bachelor of Science degree in an environmental water quality or public health related program, including civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, public health, or chemistry;
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in the drinking water quality and treatment field with certification as a WT5 and WT3 water treatment plant operator by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
- Knowledge of federal drinking water regulations and related federal and state permits that govern production facilities.
- Demonstrated technical writing abilities and ability to effectively present information to small and large groups, both internal and external to Citizens.
- Ability to interact effectively with management and staff at all levels, and ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively respond to inquiries by customers and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis using Excel.
- Must have a valid Indiana driver’s license.
- Master of Science degree in chemical, civil or environmental engineering with preferred focus on water process engineering or expertise in water process engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Indiana
- Certified as a DSL water distribution system operator in the State of Indiana
Qualified Applicants should log in to www.citizensenergygroup.com, select “Our Company” and select “Careers”, search for vacant position, create a profile and upload their resume.
Deadline Date: December 1, 2023
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.