The City of Goshen, Indiana is accepting applications for the position of Water and Sewer Construction/Distribution technician.
Must be able to work effectively in a plant, office, outdoors, and sewer/confined space environment, being exposed to various hazards including extreme heat and cold, noise, odors, toxic agents and chemicals/contaminants, in varying weather conditions and dangerous situations.
Operate departmental equipment and tools; i.e. backhoe, Vactor, air compressor, valve wrenches, locaters, welders, torches, chipper/shredder, pay loader, safety equipment, etc.
CDL is required (Class B endorsement), or must be able to obtain within 59 days of hire
High school diploma (or equivalent)
3-5 years of relevant work experience is required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Equipment maintenance
• Testing of new utilities and samples
• Repair water and sewer lines
• Install meters, radio reads and remotes to new accounts
• Repair meters, meter testing and cross check meters
• Locate sewer and water lines for customers and other utility divisions
• Repair and/or replace valves, shut-offs and hydrants
• Make water taps, flush hydrants, locate and raise valve boxes
• Inspect and maintain manholes, catch basins, sewer lines
• Plan location of new utilities based on original plan and current site
• Operation of heavy equipment, valve insertion equipment, various tools and instruments
RATE OF PAY:
Union Position, Teamsters Category B as designated by current salary ordinance. $21.41/hour
Qualified candidates are encouraged to visit our website, www.goshenindiana.org for a full job description and online application, also available at Human Resources, 204 E. Jefferson St., Goshen IN 46528.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free/Smoke Free