Principal Function: The Wastewater Collection Systems Technician is responsible for maintenance of Wastewater Treatment Plant and Sewer Collection System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures operations of wastewater system complies with applicable standards, state and federal regulations, and Town ordinances.
- Performs maintenance of catch basins, manholes, combination and sanitary lines, storm collection, and equipment.
- Operates specialized equipment such as sewer televising system and jet/vac truck.
- Completes pretreatment activities including, but not limited to, investigating, sampling, analyzing, and auditing.
- Responds to concerns, problems, and/or complaints in a timely manner, maintaining a customer service philosophy.
- Assists with operation of municipal lift stations.
- Assists with biosolid disposal such as loading trucks and hauling off-site.
- Assists with updating sanitary and storm maps.
- Assists with final inspections of sanitary sewer and storm sewer utilities.
- May perform cross-functions with Water Department and applicable lab testing.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Minimum Collection System Operator Class I certification required. Valid Class B CDL is desired. Previous experience working in municipal government is preferred.
Work Schedule and Rate of Pay: While the role follows a work schedule of 6:30AM to 3:30PM, Monday through Friday, this job may require work beyond these hours which may include weekends, holidays, and on-call status. Frequent in-town travel will be required. $21 – $27/hour.