At Citizens Energy Group, our employees are fundamental to everything we do. From ensuring the delivery of safe, reliable natural gas, water, wastewater and thermal energy services, to providing excellent customer support, to designing and maintaining the infrastructure of a world-class city, enduring we have the right people on our team! One Company, One Culture!
Transmission Controllers are a vital part of the team in ensuring we have safe, reliable water! You will monitor and control the transmission of potable water in the distribution system. Ensures optimal supply of pressure and flow throughout the entire service area for customers and fire department usage in a manner that is compliant with all Company, State and Federal standards. You will make necessary adjustments by analyzing system data, conditions, and demand to ensure that the operational integrity of the distribution network is maintained. Monitors Water Quality parameters necessary for maintaining drinking water standards in distribution system tanks and remote treatment facilities. Continually strives to optimize system performance within Unit Process Control Parameters and Partnership for Safe Water goals. In addition to the monitoring and safety, you will conduct data analyses, documents processes, and maintain records as assigned during non-operating shifts.
Citizens Energy Group offers competitive salary and benefits including:
• Health, Dental & Vision
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
• Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
• Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
• Participation in Wellness Programs
• Adoption and tuition assistance
• Employee Credit Union
• PTO and Paid Holidays
What you will be doing:
• Monitors and controls the transmission of potable water in the distribution system through Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems to maintain system parameters within process control limits. This includes control of pump stations, reservoirs, tanks, bleeder valves, and monitoring of chlorine residuals.
• Perform reviews of daily/monthly operational data to optimize control system operations to meet internal standards and Partnership for Safe Water goals.
• Perform knowledge management, process improvement, recordkeeping and other tasks related to distribution system operations and maintenance as assigned.
• Assist with project reviews to ensure impacts to operations are minimized. This includes planning and coordination of associated projects and events that directly impact the transmission of potable water in the distribution system.
What you will be bringing along…..
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year post high school education (24 credit hours) in maintenance, electrical, or related technical field.
• Four years of experience in the field of water operations and/or maintenance, including experience in one of the following fields: water purification, water distribution, wastewater or an equivalent experience.
• Ability to obtain a DSL License from the State of Indiana within two years of starting position.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and outside entities (Dispatch, Fire Departments).
• The ability to recognize operational and/or distribution anomalies and elevate concerns when necessary.
• Experience with various software programs to maintain appropriate records.
• Must have and maintain a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
Other helpful qualifications to bring along:
• Six years of experience in the field of water supply, including experience in water purification, water distribution or wastewater.
• A DSL, WT-3 and WT-5 license from the state or Indiana.
• Knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, and accepted practices.
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
Minimum Salary: $60,500, Grade 8
Hours and shifts may vary
Deadline to Apply: August 4, 2021
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Qualified applicants should go to www.citizensenergygroup.com, select “Our Company” and then “Careers”. Applicants should search for vacant position, create an account and upload your resume by the deadline.
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.