The Cordry-Sweetwater Conservancy District is searching for an energetic, customer service minded individual to work as a Maintenance Operator in our relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Responsibilities include installing water hook ups, snow removal, mowing, collecting water samples, road maintenance, and assisting customers.
Ideal applicants will have good communications skills, knowledge of water system operations and road maintenance, and work with other teammates in the District.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsible for mowing Conservancy property.
- Responsible for maintaining Conservancy equipment in good operational condition; performing daily preventative checks, and general maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Maintaining the lakes, beach areas, marina, baseball diamond, basketball court, boat ramps, park property and compost areas.
- Installation of water hook-ups to new customers in the CSCD water serviced areas.
- Detect, report, and repair water leaks. Replace and repair water meters and meter pits. Perform required tests in all water meters.
- Install or replace riprap on shorelines of park properties and other specified maintenance for control of erosion.
- Responsible for road maintenance.
- Snow removal and sand spreading.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Must have working knowledge of road maintenance and repair.
- Prior experience and knowledge of water system operation and maintenance is preferred.
- May be required to become water certified and/or complete schooling to obtain certification.
- Must have knowledge and experience in operation and maintenance of all equipment owned by CSCD.
- Must have the ability to safely, efficiently, and effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities assigned under general supervision.
- Must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a drug screening test.
Physical Demands Requirements:
- Must be physically able to perform duties.
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods; must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to a variety of elements and weather conditions including long periods of sun exposure, rain, and wind.
- Weekends, evenings, and Holidays may be included in your schedule.