S & K Equipment Company Inc. is a manufacturer’s rep firm representing many of the global leading brands in water and wastewater industries. We are committed to demonstrating leading-edge sustainable solutions and approaches to infrastructure production and materials management. Our customer-centric solutions include pumping equipment, valves, motor controls, and any ancillary products that involves the process and treatment waste water, drinking water, and storm water.
We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician to help support our business in the Indiana, Kentucky, and Southern Illinois area. This position will help maintain and repair our products by performing maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting and general customer support. An ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to travel daily to different customer sites to administer equipment maintenance as requested and has working knowledge of pumping equipment, low voltage motors, motor controls, and systems integration.
- Maintain/repair equipment with emphasis on customer relations & proper equipment operation.
- Perform periodic maintenance on requested equipment.
- Troubleshoot and provide operational assistance of equipment.
- Customer service, support, training, and problem resolution.
- Document equipment repairs, cleaning, preventative maintenance, calibrations, etc. and complete all required paperwork.
- Perform other related duties or special projects.
- Comply with all aspects of the construction site safety program, including but not limited to; hazard communication, PPE requirements and attending safety training.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics.
- Adhere to all customers facility safety policies and business ethics
Education: High School Diploma or equal equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 2 to 3 years of mechanical and/or machine maintenance required. Training in motor maintenance & pump operation is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good personal communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- General knowledge of the skill trades including mechanical, plumbing, and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Customer relation & problem resolution skills.
- Effective time management skills and attention to detail.
- Basic familiarity with PCs, HMI, PLC, DCS systems.
- Self-Starter, Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s
- Perform reading, writing, and speaking at a basic level.
- Travel is required up to 65% of the time with some weekends and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Acceptable driving record per our Vehicle Policy.
- Forklift Certification is beneficial.
Send Resume To:
S & K Equipment Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 342