Citizens Westfield Water/Wastewater is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following vacancy:
Field Service Representative I
The successful candidate will perform work in connection with water distribution and wastewater collection systems. This position services, inspects, and tests designated water and wastewater apparatuses. You will also handle customer complaints, classifies underground leaks, identifies, and locates underground utilities, responds to wastewater back-up orders, water leak calls, and other similar emergency situations. You will in conjunction with other utility personnel, internally and externally, during planned and unplanned maintenance operations, system shutdowns, construction, restoration, investigations, and emergency repairs of the water and wastewater systems.
What Citizens Energy Group can offer you:
A competitive salary and great benefits including:
• Health, Dental & Vision
Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
• Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
• Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
• Wellness Program
• Adoption and tuition assistance
• Employee Credit Union
• Vacation and Paid Holidays
What you will be doing:
• Performs testing, inspection, and preventative maintenance on water valves, hydrants, and wastewater apparatuses. Conducts water system flushing and sampling towards water quality standard improvement. Responds to water and wastewater customer inquiries and resolves situations as necessary. Coordinates and assists with system shutdowns for both capital and residential construction and other maintenance related activities.
• Identifies, collects, and submits accurate utility location data for updating system maps and records. Responds to water system and wastewater system emergencies, investigates conditions, and takes appropriate corrective measures.
• Performs hydrant system pressure tests and produces flow testing results. Conducts irrigation disconnect inspections and communicates findings.
• Assists other areas of field service such as meter system maintenance, plant operations and/or additional operation and maintenance activities in the water and wastewater utilities.
• Ability to work outside normal business hours as conditions and needs of the company warrant. Operates and performs repair on equipment.
What you will bring along:
• Must have and maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be organized and capable to maintain records
• Ability to work alone, in various positions, which require but are not limited to sitting, bending, standing, walking, lifting and climbing in all types of weather conditions
• Must be able to analyze and interpret maps, work orders, specifications, and sketches in office and field settings.
• Must demonstrate a working ability to use a computer or computer device for record keeping
• Requires reading, math, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of pertinent OSHA safety regulations.
• Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions
• Must have the ability to communicate well with customers, management, and the general public; and establish effective working relationships with other employees
Other Qualifications that are Helpful:
• Ability to obtain a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License)
• DSL Distribution Operators Certification or wastewater collection equivalent
• Certified in the use of GPS technology DSL and/or wastewater system equivalent
• IWEA certifications
• CCTV certifications
• Construction certification/ experience
• Other industry certifications
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience with Wastewater Plant Collection system hydraulics
• Experience and knowledge of water, sanitary and irrigation codes
• Proficient with Google Earth, HANSEN, GIS (ESRI), 7i, SCADA, Geotivity (Turboview), ADS (Intelliserve); Archview-Pictometry
• Knowledge of various mapping and utility infrastructure maintenance and viewing programs such as GIS
Minimum Salary: $48,200
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Days with some overtime
Qualified External Applicants should log in to www.Citizensenergygroup.com, and select “Our Company” and “Careers” to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer