Field Service Representative II
in Westfield, Indiana
Under indirect supervision, the successful candidate will delegate, monitor and perform a variety of underground utility maintenance repairs. Oversees external sub-contractors performing scheduled repairs and replacements made to water and wastewater systems. Ensures compliance with scope, budget, schedule, quality and safety of contracted services. Responds to reported emergency situations and resolves customer complaints. Works both individually and in conjunction with other Utility personnel and contractors. Records and communicates updated system maps and records information. Performs system shutdowns for construction and maintenance activities. Coordinates and tracks preventative maintenance on valves and hydrants. Participates in pipeline construction pre-construction and progress meetings. Recommends and schedules needed maintenance activities as required.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Coordinates, schedules and executes skilled and complex functions for water and wastewater. Responds to water system, wastewater system emergencies. Investigates conditions, takes appropriate corrective measures, and prepares detailed factual reports of conditions found. Coordinates work activates related to repairs, replacements and disconnects for new or existing water or wastewater customers. Directs or performs hydrant pressure and flow testing. Assures all work performed by contractors meets specifications, Citizens’ standards and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate and schedule sewer repairs/maintenance. Evaluates sewer televising program to assist in scheduling and performance of preventative maintenance. Coordinates sewer cleaning by contractors. Leads and conducts inspections of manholes and sewer lines and recommends corrective measure needed.
• Coordinates and conducts inspections on system valves and hydrants and recommends needed maintenance activities.
• Performs and oversees system shutdowns for construction and maintenance activities. Coordinates with CP&E on construction schedules.
• Attend construction progress meetings.
• Maintains system maintenance records and updates to the water system and wastewater system maps in GIS.
• Collects and processes GPS data for verifying and updating system maps. Performs the necessary paperwork in connection with assigned duties.
• Assists other areas of field service such as meter system maintenance, or other O&M activities in the water and wastewater utilities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must have and maintain a valid Indiana Driver’s License
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with utility underground construction or maintenance.
• Must be organized and capabilities to maintain records.
• Ability to work alone, in various positions, which require but are not limited to sitting, bending, standing, walking, lifting and climbing in all types of weather conditions.
• Must be able to analyze and interpret maps, work orders, specifications, and sketches in office and field settings.
• Must demonstrate a working ability to use a computer or computer device for record keeping.
• Requires reading, math, written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of pertinent OSHA safety regulations.
• Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Must possess professional integrity and have the ability to work well and communicate with customers, management, contractors and the general public; and to establish effective working relationships with other employees.
• Must be available for scheduled on-call rotations and overtime work as necessary.
• Ability to obtain a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License).
• DSL Distribution Operators Certification or wastewater collection equivalent is preferred.
• Certified in the use of GPS technology DSL and/or wastewater system equivalent is preferred.
• IWEA certifications is preferred.
• CCTV certifications is preferred.
• Construction certification/experience is preferred.
• Other industry related certifications is preferred.
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Experience with Wastewater Plant Collection system hydraulics is preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of water, sanitary and irrigation codes is preferred.
• Proficient with Google Earth, HANSEN, GIS (ESRI), 7i, SCADA, Geotivity (Turboview), ADS (Intelliserve); Archview-Pictometry.
• Knowledge of various mapping and utility infrastructure maintenance and viewing programs such as GIS is preferred.
Citizens Energy Group offers competitive salary and benefits including:
• Health, Dental & Vision
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
• Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
• Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
• Wellness Program
• Adoption and tuition assistance
• Employee Credit Union
• PTO and Paid Holidays
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career!
To apply, please go to www.citizensenergygroup.com and click on “careers”.
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Opening: Field Service Rep; Citizens Energy Group; Westfield, IN
Field Service Representative II