The Dupont Water Company (Dupont, Indiana) is seeking a Distribution Foreman. The duties of the Distribution Foreman will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Respond promptly to all calls regarding customer problems or complaints, and follow up with the customer to let them know the results.
- Read customer and master water meters as directed by the Superintendent.
- Inspect water meters and water supply system components; determine that they are working correctly and, if not, follow up to get problems resolved.
- Perform line flushing, water testing, line locates, shutoffs, reconnects, pit maintenance, repair of leaks; regularly check storage tanks, valves, pumps, master meters, supply lines and other duties as determined by the Superintendent.
- Work will be performed in all kinds of weather conditions. At times may require the use of employee’s personal vehicle (will be reimbursed for mileage).
- Responsible for the routine maintenance and upkeep of the office building, garage, other storage facilities, and grounds surrounding meter pits and tanks.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of any company vehicle and ensure that no person rides or drives company vehicles unless approved by the Superintendent or Board of Directors.
- Complete all forms or reports as requested by the Superintendent or Board of Directors.
Qualified candidates must not be less than 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED, and have a valid driver’s license.
The wage scale for this position is $15.00-$22.00. Vacation, holidays, and personal days off are the benefits provided.
Interviews, background checks, drug/alcohol testing are part of the hiring process.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter of interest and resume to Dupont Water Company, Inc., P.O. Box 600, Dupont, IN 47234, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 812-873-7495.