The Town of Ferdinand currently has a full-time position open in the Water & Wastewater Department for a self-motivated individual that wants to serve the public and help our great town grow.
Position: Water/Wastewater Service Tech
General Summary: Perform manual and technical skilled labor in maintenance and construction of water distribution, wastewater collection systems, and wastewater treatment plant. This position will be under the direct supervision of the Water/Wastewater Superintendent or Crew Chief assigned.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs skilled and unskilled work in maintenance and construction of the water distribution, sewer collection and wastewater treatment plant.
- Operate various types of town equipment
- Dig and back fill trenches, street cuts and other excavations
- Maintain the operations of fire hydrants, street valves, lift stations, and man holes
- Assist in the installation and repairs of water and sewer mains, water meters, services, valves, fire hydrants, and pumps.
- Respond to public complaints/inquiries as assigned, including on-site visits and inspections.
- Maintain and perform repairs to all equipment used.
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with tanker endorsement.
- Responsibility for the use of necessary personal protective equipment related to the current task.
- Ability to travel for classes and seminars for education to learn new and updated EPA and IDEM regulations.
Applications accepted until 4:30pm on Friday, December 30th, 2022
Applications/Resumes may be turned in or sent to:
Town of Ferdinand Town Hall
Attention: Ferdinand Town Manager Chris James
2065 Main St
P.O. Box 7
Ferdinand, IN 47532
The Town of Ferdinand is an Equal Opportunity Employer.