Columbus City Utilities is seeking a Water Treatment Plant Laborer I.
Payrate: $14.61-$21.95/hour (non-exempt, full time)
For a complete description, application, and how to apply, visit www.columbus.in.gov/careers/
Deadline February 20
- Work independently and in teams to perform jobs, sometimes involving other crews, that may include outside contractors. Must entirely complete daily work orders with documentation.
- Position requires individual to work Stand-by on a rotating basis and be called out any time after regularly work hours when necessary.
- Perform manual labor consisting of: mowing, painting, cleaning, scraping, hauling, lifting, and other physically demanding activities based on assigned task. Must be physically fit.
- Perform duties indoors and outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions and environments.
- Perform facility housekeeping (interior and exterior).
- Operate a variety of equipment including forklift, tractor, well cleaning rig, in a safe and effective manner. Regularly check vehicles and equipment to ensure proper mechanical functioning.
- WTP Laborer is required to work weeklong Stand-By-Operator shifts, which rotate each week based on the number of operators (i.e. 3 operators = 3-week shift rotations).
- Works with dangerous pressures of water mains and chemicals in potentially dangerous situations.
- Climbs in and out of excavations or confined spaces as part of the work environment.
- Clean assigned areas which include sweeping and general maintenance of work areas, both interior and exterior.