NineStar Connect currently has a job opening for the position of Water and Wastewater Operator. This is a position that requires some evening and weekend work. NineStar Connect is an innovative community-minded, communications, energy, water and sewer cooperative. We provide the infrastructure that empowers thoughtful development and improves quality of place in Central Indiana.
Responsibilities: As a Water and Wastewater Operator, you will operate, monitor and maintain the water and wastewater plants, water distribution system, and sewer collection system. This position will also be expected to operate each plant in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and permits.
- Sampling and testing of both water and wastewater. Performs lab tests and analysis. Compiles daily and monthly reports of operations. Performs all daily operational and maintenance tasks as required by permits and standards. Maintains all records of the operation and maintenance of facilities.
- Coordinate and perform system maintenance, emergency response, equipment calibrations, chemical orders and delivery. Perform specialized maintenance such as water system flushing, collection system cleaning, and equipment installation. Consult and correspond with regulatory agencies when necessary including facility inspections.
- Monitors, controls and/or directs the operation of source of water supply equipment and structures, residual handling, and water treatment processes.
- Perform the inspection, installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plants, pump stations and all components.
- Collect and analyze meter data, respond to customer trouble reports, issue/cancel water boil notices. Process new service and disconnect orders.
- Maintain buildings and grounds around Water/Wastewater facilities and other maintenance duties as assigned.
- Serves on 24-hour call for emergencies.
- local, state, and federal regulatory requirements for water and wastewater systems
- sampling and testing procedures
- proper system operation methods
- equipment functions and maintenance
- troubleshooting mechanical equipment
- problem solving, identifying problems and resolutions
- creating and maintaining records in a timely manner
- oral and written communication
- completing multiple tasks at once
- operating various personal computer equipment such as various software programs (such as Word, Excel), printers, copier, and telephones.
- communicate with coworkers and vendors in a professional manner.
- pay close attention to detail.
- work as a team player.
- work independently to make decisions and meet deadlines.
- think creatively and analytically, and make suggestions for improvement.
- maintain a clean and professional appearance in accordance with all company and department standards.
- travel in and out of state for training and industry meetings.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience with water and wastewater facilities.
- Minimum of Class I wastewater operator licenses and a WT-2 water operator license.
- A class DSS or DSM distribution license is preferred; MUST be obtained with within one-year of hire date.
Benefits: NineStar Connect offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and 401(k).
Apply online at www.ninestarconnect.com and send resumes to Human Resources at HR@ninestarconnect.com by Friday, February 2, 2018.