Indiana American Water Company is seeking a Supervisor Operations II in Jeffersonville. To apply, visit www.amwater.com.
Primary Role: Manages the day-to-day operations of transmission and distribution system in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable government laws and regulations
- Assist with preparing and controlling local construction, operations, and maintenance within established budget limitations. (10%)
- Establish a program that will ensure all EPA Partnership for Safe Water Goals will be met on a period-by-period basis. (10%)
- Ensure local water and/or wastewater operations meet the required standards and are in compliance with regulatory targets. (10%)
- Supervise the implementation of standards, targets, policies, and plans to ensure the continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability. (10%).
- Ensure that operational integrity (quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, security, etc.) is maintained. (10%)
- Develop and direct cost effective solutions to meet customers’ expectation and technical requirements and to encourage best practice and innovation throughout all operational areas. (10%)
- Implement effective reporting processes. Provide analysis and support to Production Director with information required for various reports, budgets, and business plans.
- Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas.
- Ensure effective people management policies and practices are developed and implemented (e.g., time and attendance, workforce management, etc.) and ensure resources are developed and deployed appropriately.
- Continue to reinforce the importance of developing a diverse workforce.
- Support the Business Development function in the operational analysis pricing and integration of water and wastewater business opportunities in both the regulated and non-regulated markets.
- Manage employee work load and schedule.
- Oversee maintenance contractor and manage maintenance budget.
- Work with capital project manager for capital project planning and scheduling.
- Develop annual capital and maintenance budget for transmission and distribution.
- Manage vehicle and equipment schedule.
- Work collaboratively with other functional leads to mitigate business risks.
- Implement effective communications at all levels of our operations.
- Provide effective leadership that will enhance our abilities to be flexible to changing business environments.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (40%)
Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience in water main installation, hydrants, and valves.
- Knowledge of the regulated Water/Wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within Water/Wastewater business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories, practices, and trends.
- Expert knowledge of process and operational areas.
- Reading site utility plans.
- Vehicle/equipment maintenance.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office).
- Dealing effectively with direct reports.
- Directing others.
- Managing / measuring work.
- Shared Information.
Experience / Education:
Experience: 3-5 years experience in operational areas and operating units, and managing and meeting performance targets.
Education: 2 year or 4 year degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline or equivalent.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employees 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.