Citizens Westfield Water / Wastewater is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Service Condition Analyst (IRC #14999).
The Service Condition Analyst is responsible for contacting, scheduling and making personal visits to locations requiring testing and confirmation of sanitary service connections, proper FOG program compliance, and inspection of various fluid meter installations. The incumbent works both individually and in conjunction with Westfield Wastewater Operations, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing and external agencies to resolve inquires. This position requires excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills, timely follow-up with customers and record keeping of supporting documents. This individual must be able to work alone with little supervision and directly with customers. This position would also review invoicing and act as the main contact with vendor and customer inquires.
Work Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday, with some overtime and on-call rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate sewer backups and overflows; schedule/perform customer dye test request(s) from Utility Customer Service and local authorities.
- Company representative for Wastewater FOG (Fats, Oil and Grease) program. Responsibilities include, but not limited to researching, tracking service request and reports of previous overflows due to high concentrations of FOG. Information is used to contact and schedule on-site visits with potential dischargers. Coordinates contractor video inspection and sewer cleaning programs.
- Assist in reviewing locate requests and identifying areas of consequence where contractor / customer contact would be necessary or when field visits are warranted.
- Participate in the creation of/ and conduct the Utility CMOM processes both in the field and from a documentation perspective. Responsible for record keeping associated with the program.
- Analysis of the Wastewater system to determine who may be discharging something into the collection system that may be of significant impact to the bacterial life of the wastewater treatment plant. This would also include reviewing digital video inspections.
- Inspect Self Reporting customer meter installations and recommendations (knowledge in water and sewer system piping), document visits, photos, one line diagrams on Utility Share drive.
- Random review of Self Reporter lab submissions and perform random audits for customer charges vs. self-reported surcharges.
- Inspect new residential and commercial lateral installations, permits and prints.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must have and maintain a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Knowledge of various fluid flow meters, building mechanical systems, including restaurant equipment.
- Knowledge of FOG (Fats, Oil and Grease) programs implemented nationally.
- Knowledge of various mapping and utility infrastructure maintenance and viewing programs.
- Knowledge of sanitary and storm systems located in private and public streets.
- Must be organized and have capabilities to maintain records.
- Ability to work alone, in various positions, which require but are not limited to sitting, bending, standing, walking, lifting and climbing in all types of weather conditions.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use a computer or computer device for record keeping.
- Requires reading, math, written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to work well and communicate with customers, management and the general public; and to establish effective working relationships with other employees.
- Knowledge of Utility Terms and Conditions.
- Ability to work with confidential information, use discretion and best judgment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Requires expanded knowledge of the principles associated with Wastewater Treatment Plants, Sanitary and Stormwater collection systems, prefer experience in operating a Wastewater facility.
- WT3 License.
- Proficient with Google Earth, GIS (ESRI), Customer Suite (Customer Billing program), Oracle and Microsoft programs.
- PACP / MACP / LACP certification.
- Experience with various types of flow meters commonly used in the water and wastewater installations, and associated electronics, prefer 3-5 years’ experience.
- Experience with Wastewater Plant Collection system hydraulics.
- Experience and knowledge of water, sanitary and irrigation codes.
Qualified External applicants should log in to www.Citizensenergygroup.com, select “About Citizens” and select “Careers”. Candidates should search for vacant position, create an account and upload their resolve by the deadline.
Reposting Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Deadline Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2017