Citizens Energy Group is seeking up a qualified applicant to fill the vacancy of Safety Administrator
IRC #17164 / No-Exempt / Grade 10 / Competitive Salary
Incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and administration of the organization’s safety programs in compliance with State and Federal regulations and Corporate policies. Assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and managing of safety programs, policies and procedures to ensure a safe workplace. The incumbent ensures that the organization is compliant with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements pertaining to recordkeeping, permits, reports, training and other related concerns. Works with management to provide continuous improvement initiatives to reduce incidents, in a reliable and cost effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and maintains workplace health and safety policies, programs, including OSHA, IOSHA, and site specific programs.
- Develops, directs, conducts training and manages training to achieve maximum employee safety and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts new employee training and maintains associated employee training records.
- Conducts training for third party contractors, visitors and guests as required.
- Identifies, evaluates, and investigates all hazards, unsafe conditions and practices, injuries, and incidents.
- Performs root cause analysis on such incidents and directs corrective action to safeguard employee health.
- Establishes and chairs safety committees/teams; manages and maintains team minutes, reviews for accuracy and distributes to management in a timely manner.
- Manages and maintains safety records, logs, and files to ensure DOT, CDL, SDS, OSHA and IOSHA compliance.
- Coordinates and performs monthly site audits Trust wide; also schedules safety walks with management including the Executive Support Team (EST).
- Maintains safety records, statistical data, and information including but not limited to safety manuals, SDS logs, and site specific safety programs.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field, or 10 years direct experience working in a comparable role.
- DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation.
- Emergency Response.
- OSH 10 and 30 Hour Outreach trainer.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the field of workplace safety and health.
- Training or teaching experience helpful but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience with OSHA regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written, presentation and leadership skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures regarding workplace safety.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license.
- Experience with or knowledge of the utility industry.
Qualified Internal Applicants should log in, select the iRecruitment Employee Candidate Responsibility and submit their resume by the deadline. If you need assistance, please refer to the user guide with instructions (available on iTrust).
Qualified External Applicants Go to www.Citizensenergygroup.com, go to our company and select “Careers”. You will be prompted to register once you click apply now. Once registered upload your resume by the deadline.
Posting Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Deadline Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer and Tobacco Free Workspace.