Citizens Energy Group is seeking up to four qualified applicants to fill the vacancy of Maintenance Relief Operator Apprentice. This position is union and a member of the Local #1400 IBEW / Pay Grade 6. (Wage Scale for employees currently in the Bargaining Unit as of June 29, 2015 – $29.53; Wage Scale for employees that join the Bargaining Unit on or after July 1, 2015 – $23.28). Work Schedule: Shift Work (24/7).
Performs a variety of operations and maintenance functions at the water production and related facilities, This is a skilled maintenance position that also performs operational duties under the direction of a certified operator while gaining experience required to obtain an operating license. Days and hours of duties may vary as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May perform maintenance and operations, as well as all auxiliary functions related to the before mentioned, in a productive, safe, and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties and/or activities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of (24) semester credit hours or equivalent post high school education from an accredited formal technical program related to work in the production area (i.e. electronics, electrical or mechanical maintenance, instrumentation and controls, chemistry or other technical field).
- Must have a valid Indiana Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Must meet minimum safety requirements such as respirator certification, ability to work in confined spaces or elevated work areas, etc.
- Associates degree in industrial maintenance technology from an accredited college or technical school.
- A general knowledge of the methods, techniques, and principles associated with the operations, maintenance, and installation, construction, investigation, testing and repairs of equipment, for above and below ground assets.
*Qualified External Applicants should log in to www.Citizensenergygroup.com, select “Careers”, create an account and upload their resume and a copy of their school transcript(s) by the deadline. You will be prompted to register once you click apply now. Once registered
Posting Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Deadline Date: Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer and Tobacco Free Workspace.