Indiana American Water is seeking a Water Plant Technician (WT5 Certified) for the Gary location.
The Plant Technician will have many responsibilities within the Borman Park and Ogden Dunes surface water plants. This role will require an approximately 50/50 split between Plant Maintenance duties in the absence of the plant operators.
The primary shift for this role will be 6 days on and 2 days off working 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. However, when covering for the Plant Operators during their vacations, time off, etc., this role will work a rotating 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift schedule. The shifts are 6 days on, 2 days off, rotating between 1st – 8:00am-4:00pm, 2nd – 4:00pm-12:00am; and 3rd – 12:00am-8:00am.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical knowledge and familiar with hand tools.
- Knowledge of SCADA.
- Experience in the Water Utility field desired with maintenance of pumps and motors.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid state driver’s license required.
- Indiana Water Treatment 5 (WT5) required, WT3 considered and DSL required.
To view this job description in its entirety please visit www.amwater.com and apply to requisition number 97065.