Indiana American Water is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the vacancy of Plant Operator in Jeffersonville. The Work Schedule for this position is : Monday-Friday from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch break. Must be available to perform after-hours emergency calls on a rotating basis.
The appropriate Indiana Department of Environmental Management certification (WT-3) shall be required within two (2) years of hire. The Collective Bargaining Agreement covers benefits, wages, and certification requirements.
Key Accountabilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operates and monitors water treatment plant and various remote sites.
- Obtains samples and performs applicable laboratory analysis.
- Capable of reading and interpreting all gauges, graphs and other SCADA devices used in treatment facility.
- Performs maintenance work as required.
- Reads maps, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Works with and around various chemicals associated with water industry.
- Verbal communications — face to face and via telephone/radio.
- Operation of laptop computer (Tough book).
- Ability to lift and move materials of various weights, particularly the ability to move 55 gallon drums.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop and climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Drives company vehicle in all weather and light conditions (must have valid Kentucky or Indiana licenses).
- Understands and complies with company procedures as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Perform locates.
- Reading meters.
- Flushing hydrants.
- Operation of distribution valves.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Functional/Technical Skills.
- Organizational Agility.
- Time Management.
- Problem Solving.
- Learning on the Fly.
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED.
If interested, please forward your resume or apply to Kristy.firstname.lastname@example.org