Citizens Energy Group’s Water Division is seeking a qualified applicant for the vacancy in of Plant Operator (WT5 license required). This position is non-exempt (Grade 7) with a minimum salary of $51,600. Location is at TW Moses Plant.
Work Schedule: Shift work (24/7) – alternate between 36 hour and 48 hour work weeks with day/night rotations..
Job Summary: Operates, monitors, plans, and directs the operation and monitoring of Water Production sources of supply, water treatment, and residuals handling. Functions in a manner that is compliant with all company, state, and federal water quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Monitors and controls and/or directs the operation of source of supply equipment and structures, residual handling, and water treatment processes according to process control parameters through Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems.
- Inspects process equipment and reports equipment malfunctions by issuing a work request in the Maintenance Management system. Alerts the appropriate personnel of the impact to process control and to the criticality of the malfunction.
- Directs or performs the collection and analysis of necessary process samples.
- Compiles monthly operations, maintenance reports, and chemical inventories.
- Provides relief operations duty in emergency situations and fills open shifts, as needed.
- Directs and supports contractors in the completion of their duties as required during maintenance and capital projects.
- Directs and supports maintenance and operations staff as required while ensuring safe work practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six years of experience in the field of water supply including experience in water purification, operations and maintenance, preferably in the organization or an equivalent experience.
- This position requires a WT5 water treatment license from the State of Indiana.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license.
- One year post high school education (24 credit hours) in maintenance, electrical, or related technical field.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Class IV, DSL, WT3, and ASO license.
- Knowledge of the functions and operating capabilities of equipment, filters units, and chemical feed systems used in a treatment plant.
- Ability to analyze drastic changes in raw water quality and relate this to appropriate chemical treatment needed to maintain satisfactory water quality to the customer.
- Ability to operate computer systems and related software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization.
Qualified Internal Candidates who have access to Oracle should log in, select the iRecruitment Employee Candidate Responsibility and submit their resume by the deadline. If you need assistance, please refer to the user guide with instructions (availaie on iTrust).
Qualified External Applicants should log in to www.Citizensenergygroup.com, select “Careers”. Candidates should search for vacant position, create an account and upload their resume by the deadline.
Posting Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Deadline Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer and Tobacco Free Workspace.