Indiana American Water is seeking to fill the position of Operator at it’s Jeffersonville location.
Work with Us. We’re the nation’s largest investor-owned water and wastewater services company. At American Water, you can have more than a job. You’d have a purpose. We provide essential water and wastewater services to more than 16 million people every day.
To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
The work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM with a 30-minute lunch break. Must be available to perform after-hours emergency calls on a rotating basis. The appropriate IN Department of Environmental Management Certification (WT-3) shall be required within two (2) years of hire. The Collective Bargaining Agreement covers benefits, wages, and certification requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operates and monitors water treatment plant and various remote sites.
- Obtains samples and performs applicable laboratory analysis.
- Capable of reading and interpreting all gauges, graphs and other SCADA devices used in treatment facility.
- Performs maintenance work as required.
- Reads maps, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Works with and around various chemicals associated with water industry.
- Verbal communications — face to face and via telephone/radio.
- Operation of laptop computer (Tough book).
- Ability to lift and move materials of various weights, particularly the ability to move 55 gallon drums.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop and climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Drives company vehicle in all weather and light conditions (must have valid Kentucky or Indiana licenses).
- Understands and complies with company procedures as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Perform locates
- Reading meters
- Flushing hydrants
- Operation of distribution valves
- Other duties as assigned.
- Champions safety
- Customer obsessed
- Cultivates innovation
- Nimble learning
- Drives Results