Carmel Utilities is seeking a Ground Water Plant Operator. The purpose of the position is to perform specialized work functions associated with groundwater plant operations and maintenance.
Essential Job Functions – The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all0inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Monitors the SCADA system and makes control changes as needed to ensure quality and quantity of water in accordance with utility guidelines and procedures.
- Performs routine water quality tests specified by the daily log or when requested by a Senior Operator. Maintains, calibrates and adjusts chemical feed rates. Changes chlorine cylinders and fills chemical feed tanks.
- Performs calibration checks on continuous monitoring analyzers for chlorine, fluoride, pH and turbidity.
- Backwashes filters as necessary per Carmel Utility guidelines.
- Informs supervisor of equipment malfunctions or required repairs.
- Repairs equipment as able and/or assists maintenance personnel with repairs.
- Maintains a daily log of plant activities by recording specific data and readouts.
- Performs on-call duties as scheduled or requested.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to review, assess and record data.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to exercise discretion in analyzing and selecting from alternate courses of action.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, co-workers and general public.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle to conduct work activities.
- Ability to respond to 24-hour call-out.
- Ability to work rotating shift and days off during summer schedule.
- Ability to exert heavy physical effort which could include some combination of climbing balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull objects or materials weighing 20-50 pounds.
- Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, fumes, moisture, humidity, rain, snow, machinery, vibrations, electric currents or toxic agents.
Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- High school diploma or GED supplemented by on-the-job training in a water utility.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in a water treatment plant.
- Must have or obtain WT3 and WT5 water operator license, ideal candidate will already have WT3 license.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/carmelin/default.cfm