The Indiana Department of Environmental Management is looking to fill a Project Engineer position in SRF. Job Opening ID 614602.
This IDEM Office of Water Quality position resides within the State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan Program and is managed by the Indiana Finance Authority.
The position incumbent coordinates and assists with the review of the Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) required for funding from the State Revolving Fund Loan program. The incumbent guides the loan applicant and their consultant through the technical aspects of the PER for ultimate approval.
- Coordinates with the IDEM permits and compliance sections, and other IDEM staff regarding combined sewer overflow long-term control plans.
- Provides technical oversight, support, and training to the SRF engineering staff.
- Provides leadership and engineering support to internal and external SRF customers for all aspects of technical matters, including preliminary engineering, bidding and contract award, change orders, construction inspections, disbursements, green and sustainable infrastructure improvements, value engineering, and cost/benefit analyses.
- Conducts inspections during construction to ensure that the project is consistent with the PER and the construction permitted.
- Works with the senior environmental manager to prepare environmental documents.
Minimum six (6) years engineering work experience and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college (major in engineering required). Professional Engineer’s License (PE) in the State of Indiana preferred.
For more information and to apply, please visit the State of Indiana’s website (www.in.gov/spd/2333.htm). Click on “Apply for State Jobs”. Select “Advanced Search” and enter the job ID # in the “Job Opening ID # only” box and hit “Search”.