Citizens Westfield Water / Wastewater is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Field Service Specialist (IRC #16915).
Non-Exempt / Competitive Salary
See the “Job Summary” section for work schedule details.
Under indirect supervision, and on assigned shifts, performs skilled and complex work in connection with gas and water distribution, and wastewater collection. Handles customer complaints, meter orders, classifies underground leaks, locates and marks underground facilities, responds to reported emergency situations, wastewater orders and leak calls. This position adjusts, services and repairs designated domestic and small commercial gas appliances and also works both individually and in conjunction with other Utility personnel. Coordinates with outside contractors that affect system repairs; assists as necessary with the maintenance of lift stations and booster stations; records facility locations for updating system maps and records; performs system shutdowns for construction and maintenance activities; and performs preventative maintenance on valves and hydrants.
Work Schedule: Day Shift, Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday, with some overtime and on-call rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Field Service Specialist (Westfield) functions for water, wastewater and gas.
- Responds to water system, wastewater system and gas system emergencies. Investigates conditions, takes appropriate corrective measures, and prepares detailed factual reports of conditions found. Connects, restores, or disconnects water and/or gas for new or existing customers. Installs, removes, and changes meters making necessary changes in connections.
- Investigates high bill complaints.
- Responds to gas leak calls, performs leak investigation using electronic indicating equipment, repairs leaks (if feasible), shuts gas supply off or evacuates premises to protect life and/or property (if warranted). Performs curb box locate / repair and/or escalated turn-off orders. Perform/coordinate sewer repair/maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance on system valves and hydrants.
- Performs system shutdowns for construction and maintenance activities.
- Collects and processes GPS data for verifying and updating system maps. Performs the necessary paperwork in connection with assigned duties.
- Must have and maintain a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be organized and possesses skills to maintain records.
- Ability to work alone, in various positions, which require, but are not limited to, sitting, bending, standing, walking, lifting and climbing in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret maps, work orders, specifications, and sketches in office and field settings.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use a computer or computer device for record keeping.
- Requires reading, math, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of pertinent OSHA safety regulations.
- Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to work well and communicate with customers, management and the general public; and to establish effective working relationships with other employees.
- Individuals who work on gas systems must be “Operator Qualified” per Federal and State law every three years. Individuals who work on gas systems must have a baseline drug test taken and participate in the Citizens random drug program per Federal and State law.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License).
- DSL Distribution Operators Certification or wastewater collection equivalent.
- Certified in the use of GPD technology DSL and/or wastewater system equivalent.
- IWEA certifications.
- CCTV certifications.
- Construction certification / experience.
- Other industry certifications.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with Wastewater Plant Collection system hydraulics.
- Experience and knowledge of water, sanitary and irrigation codes.
- Proficient with Google Earth, HANSEN, GIS (ESRI), 7i, SCADA, Geotivity (Turboview), ADS (Intelliserve); Archview-Pictometry.
- Knowledge of various mapping and utility infrastructure maintenance and viewing programs such as GIS.
Qualified External applicants should log in to www.Citizensenergygroup.com, and select “Our Company” and “Careers” to apply for this position.
Posting Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Deadline Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2018