The State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan Program, managed by the Indiana Finance Authority, is seeking an Environmental Engineer I. The State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan Programs provide low-interest loans to Indiana communities for projects that improve wastewater and drinking water infrastructure. The Program’s mission is to provide eligible entities with the lowest rates possible on the financing of such projects while protecting public health and the environment. SRF also funds non-point source projects that are tied to a wastewater loan.
The position incumbent coordinates and assists with the review of the Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) required for funding from the State Revolving Fund Loan program. The incumbent guides the loan applicant and their consultant through the technical aspects of the PER for ultimate approval.
A day in the life:
- Coordinates with the IDEM permits and compliance sections, and other IDEM staff regarding combined sewer overflow long-term control plans.
- Provides technical oversight, support, and training to the SRF engineering staff.
- Provides leadership and engineering support to internal and external SRF customers for all aspects of technical matters, including preliminary engineering, bidding and contract award, change orders, construction inspections, disbursements, green and sustainable infrastructure improvements, value engineering, an cost/benefit analyses.
- Conducts inspections during construction to ensure that the project is consistent with the PER and the construction permitted.
- Works with the senior environmental manager to prepare environmental documents.
What we’re looking for:
Minimum six (6) years engineering work experience and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college (major in engineering required). Professional Engineer’s License (PE) in the State of Indiana preferred.
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Choose from four medical plans (including RX coverage), vision and dental.
- Wellness program that offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan.
- Health savings account, offered for most medical plans, includes state contributions.
- Deferred compensation account (similar to a private sector’s 401K plan) with employer match, as well as a choice between two fully funded pension plans.
- Group life insurance.
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits.
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off.
- The State of Indiana offers other generous leave policies covering a variety of employee needs.
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years.
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- FREE downtown parking.
- New parent leave.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening ID 614602
Hire Salary range is $75,000 to $85,000, however, negotiable, based upon an applicant’s experience.
For more information and to apply, please visit the State of Indiana’s website (www.in.gov/spd/2333.htm). Click on “Apply for State Jobs”. Select “Advanced Search” and enter the job ID # in the “Job Opening ID # only” box and hit “Search”.